The Local Authority Waters Programme (LAWPRO) is a local authority shared service, managed and operated by Tipperary County Council in partnership with Kilkenny County Council. The core functions of the programme are:
• To improve water quality in the priority areas for action (PAAs) through catchment assessment and collaboration with implementing bodies
• To ensure that relevant public agencies are cooperating effectively in order to produce positive water quality outcomes, both locally and nationally
• To support communities to engage with their local waterbodies.
This Privacy Statement forms part of and is governed by the general Privacy Statement for Tipperary County Council https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/your-council/privacy-statement
The statement explains the information gathering and dissemination practices regarding data by the Local Authority Waters Programme.
It is our policy not to collect any user’s personal data, other than:
1. Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, internet or otherwise.
3. Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources.
4. Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based [inside OR outside] the EU.
5. Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based [inside OR outside] the EU.
6. Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies Registration Office and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Personal information provided will be solely for the purposes of
1. Responding to your queries
2. Process financial applications under funding schemes operated solely or partly by LAWPRO
3. Communicating local, national, or international water related information of relevance
Personal data collected may be shared with Local Authorities, Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government and the Environmental Protection Agency. We require all third parties to enter into a data processing agreement with us which complies with our obligations under the GDPR. This agreement requires third parties to have appropriate security systems in place and only to use your personal data on our instructions and in accordance with data protection law.
For the purposes of analysing visitor traffic, we record the number of visitors to the websites, which is used for statistical purposes. This information does not contain any personal data.
When visitors comment on a blog, cookies will be stored on their computer. This is purely a convenience, so that the visitor will not need to re-type all their information again when they want to leave another comment. This is a feature of WordPress on which this site is designed.
Our websites contain links to other sites. The Local Authority Waters Programme is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Our websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, but it is our policy to ensure our security system adheres to the highest standards.
Irish Data Protection Commissioner:
Further information in regard to data privacy rights are available on the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner. www.dataprivacy.ie
Contacting the Web Site:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the security practices of our websites, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.